Saturday, January 13

Tut, tut, it looks like rain...

Today is a lazy day. It's pouring cats and dogs periodically outside, the back yard is starting to swim away, the weather is still tolerably warm and all this combines to make for a day when I should be sleeping to the rhythm of those raindrops as they bounce off the metal cage of the air conditioner still hanging in my bedroom window.

Instead I'm here, comparing cell phones and wondering first if I even want to give myself this headache, and second if I even need a cell phone. I seem to have gotten along fine without it for 47 years, why do I suddenly feel the need? Ok, I got rooked into my first one, and still don't know how to utilize all its functions. The thing is, you see, I really got spoiled on being able to pick it up and call, whomever, from wherever I happen to be at that time. It's not that I make many calls with it, it's just nice to have if I want to use it. Another of those services that modern society has afforded us, that while making life seem more simple, and freedom more at hand in reality just ties one down tighter, what with people having access to you at every turn you can't avoid whomever you wish these days. Modern life seems to have its drawbacks, just like those good old pioneering days did, it's just that they are different delimmas.

On to better conversation. I'm able now to post a picture of the 7" square I created and have dubbed the Sunup Square (mostly because of the color yarn I was using). I am also enclosing a pattern for anyone who would like to try it. I don't care what you do with the pattern, outside of selling it or claiming it as your own work. I think I really would just be flattered that anyone liked the square enough to want to copy it.

Here goes the pattern:

Sunup Square
Size: 7"

Materials used: G hook, small amount of ww yarn.

Ch 6, join.

Row 1: ch 2, 15 dc in chain, join at top of ch 2, turn.

Row 2: ch 3, trc in same st at joining, *ch 1, skip 1st st, 2 trc in next st, , ch 1, skip next st, 2 trc in next st, ch 2, 2 trc in same st (corner made)*; repeat from * to * twice, ch 1, sk 1st st, 2 trc in next st, ch 1 sk 1st st, 2 trc in next st, ch 2, join to top of chain 3, turn.

Row 3: ch 3, 2 trc in corner sp, *+ ch 2, hdc in next sp twice, ch 2 +, 3 trc in corner* repeat * to * twice then repeat + to + to next corner. Join at top of ch 3. Do NOT turn.

Row 4: ch 3, trc, ch 2, trc in corner, *+ ch 2, hdc in space, ch 2, sc in next sp, ch 2, hdc in next sp, ch 2+. 2 trc. ch 2, 2 trc in next corner. Repeat from * to * twice, then repeat from + to + once, 2 trc, ch 2 in next corner, join w/ sl st to top of ch 3. Turn.
Row 5: sl st into space , ch 2, hdc in next sp, *3 dc in next 2 sp, 2 hdc in next sp, sc in each trc, 3 sc in corner sc in eatch trc, 2 hdc in next sp* repeat from * to * 3 times, join w/ sl st to top of ch 2. Do NOT turn.

Row 6: Sl st into first hdc, ch 3, *dc in each st across to corner, dc, ch 2, dc in corner, *. Repeat from * to * around, join w/ sl st to ch 3.

Row 7: Repeat row 6.

Row 8: ch 2, *hdc in each st across, hdc, ch 2, hdc in corner*. Repeat from * to *, join w/ sl stitch to ch 2.

No comments:

Google