Friday, September 11

Oh Man, It's Been so Long

Well, it's certainly been quite a while since I've been on. I have to say I have no real excuse. Yes, life has been busy but I've had time, just no incentive I suppose. I have made many many projects during this time down, just haven't been "up" for posting onto the blog. I will try to correct that and add new photos of projects I've worked on since the last posting, so that you can all see what I've been up to.

Well, I have joined a crochet-along that starts the 13th of September. It's a mystery crochet along that's based upon receiving audio files. Now I'm a bit curious to see how this will work out, listening to instructions and creating from them. I guess I'll find out just how good my audio retention is. This is a group project and has grown to over 250 members. Wow!! That's a huge amount and one I hope isn't an obstacle for the moderator. I'm very excited, and all I know at this point, besides the membership number is that it's audio, a mystery in that we're going to receive partial instructions as we go along and that it's a scarf called Peacock Tracks Scarf. Wow, it's going to be fun!!

I got to pick and order some yummy yarn for the project because I didn't have anything in my stash that would have worked (or so I told myself, lolol). I ordered some Peruvian Highland wool from Knit Picks called Palette in a color called Ash. It's a little bit darker than I had imagined it to be but I think it is going to be wonderful once the project is completed. My yummy yarn!!

At any rate, the drape of the scarf is going to make the piece wonderful even if the color doesn't. Here is a picture I took of the yarn, and of my practice yarn swatch. The pattern calls for dtr and trtr crochets and we were all advised to practice them so they would be smooth and pretty stitches for the project. So here is my swatch, with the dtr and trtr stitches.
The lovely swatch. I think the dtr and trtr stitches turned out pretty decent; uniform and not too natty looking.

I hope to be posting a bit more frequently than I have been to date. I'll be back later to update you all on some of my projects. Till then...happy crocheting!

No comments:

Google