Tuesday, April 24

Another Shawl

I finish another shawl the other day. This one is called Lightweight Jewels Shawl and I used the Jewel Box called for but finished it a bit differently than in the pattern. Not that much differently really I used the same finishing stitch that goes across the top but took it around the entire shawl before doing the second row across the top. The pattern uses fringe and I don't like fringe on most things and for the life of me I cannot understand why anyone would use Jewel Box or any other chenille type of yarn for fringe since you have to knot the ends of each strand to keep them from fraying away. I think it turned out great.
Here is a close up of the stitching
The front

and the back
Now here's a link for the pattern http://tinyurl.com/2cr5ak

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog from the Crochet Blogs web ring and I had to comment on this gorgeous shawl. I love shawls and this one is just wonderful. I love how it's shaped.

Google